Baby Safety Features
Shopping cart-related accidents involving kids are too common and can result in mild to severe injuries. A study by Nationwide Children’s Hospital found that approximately 24,000 kids a year, or 66 kids per day, are treated in hospital emergency rooms because of shopping cart-related injuries. Children falling off and falling over a shopping cart account for many of these children’s injuries, as well as shopping carts tipping over onto children.
You probably take your child to the store with you almost every time you go. We know first-hand that shopping with babies isn’t easy. And even though you may secure them to the shopping cart and watch them closely, you can’t keep your eyes on your child 100% of the time you shop because you have to look at and reach for things on shelves. But you can’t always leave your baby at home with your partner or drop them off at a babysitter, and baby carriers can restrict your mobility.
As a parent, you do the best you can with what you have. And we think it’s safe to assume that you would do anything to protect your child since they are your most precious cargo. That’s one reason we invented the Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock™. It’s a safe shopping solution for moms and dads with babies. It allows you to comfortably shop hands-free and with peace of mind knowing your little one is safe and secure in the shopping cart.
ARE SHOPPING CART HAMMOCKS SAFE?
We get a lot of questions about our Shopping Cart Hammock™. Many of those questions relate to if our Shopping Cart Hammock™ is safe for babies.
Here at Binxy Baby, safety is our top priority.
The high-quality materials used to make each Shopping Cart Hammock™ and its slightly-curved shape ensure a baby’s optimum comfort and safety. There are also durable plastic clips on each end and a Velcro strap to securely fasten the Hammock on a shopping cart, while a seat harness keeps your baby safely in place in the sling and the infant carrier strap keeps an infant car seat securely sitting on the sling as you shop.
From our safety first promise to the quality materials and safety features, with our Shopping Cart Hammock™, you can safely and confidently take your baby on all of your shopping errands with you.
The Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock ™ comes with every feature to make shopping with a baby enjoyable and safe. Pictured below are the safety features that allow this product to safely solve every parent’s shopping cart problem:
- 2 Layer Upholstery Weight Fabric: Made of a 97% cotton and 3% spandex blend, the fabric is sewn with two layers of upholstery fabric and reinforced stitching on every seam. The Hammock’s shape also safely cradles your baby in their natural incline position while gently supporting their head and neck.
- Plastic Clips: Two very strong plastic clips on the top and bottom of the Hammock securely attach it to a shopping cart.
- Infant Carrier Safety Strap: The infant carrier safety strap is included to secure an infant car seat to the Hammock. While it’s not recommended to place an infant car seat on top of a shopping cart because it makes the cart top heavy, you can safely set an infant car seat into our Shopping Cart Hammock. Simply place the infant car seat on the Binxy sling, pull the strap over the car seat, buckle it, tighten the strap, and then double check that everything is secure.
- Secure Seat Harness: The 3-point buckle seat belt is used to secure your baby while they lay in the Shopping Cart Hammock™.
- Velcro Strap: A Velcro strap at the top and bottom of the cart.
Always make sure you secure the Hammock to the shopping cart before you place and secure your baby or your baby in their infant car seat on the Hammock.
SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS & TESTS
The Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock ™ is fully safety tested. It has passed various safety tests and certifications, including the following:
- Use and Abuse Mechanical Hazards Test – 16 CFR 1500.50
- Impact Test – 16 CFR 1500.51(b)
- Torque Test – 16 CFR 1500.53(e)
- Tension Test – 16 CFR 1500.52(f)
- CPSIA Section 101(f) – Lead in paint/similar surface coating material
- CPSIA Section 101(a)(2) – Lead in accessible substrate material
- Flammability tests according to 16 CFR 1610 and 16 CFR 150.3(c)(6)(vi), and Canada Textile Flammability Regulations
- Toxicity Test: Acute oral toxicity, skin irritation, eye irritation. 16 CFR 1500.3, 1500.41, and 1500.42
- Lead content requirements for surface coatings - Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
- All components are tested and proven free from harmful substances
- Free from phthalates
- Free from heavy metals
- 16 CFR 1500.50 small parts use and abuse test compliant
- Load tested up to 100 pounds
- California Proposition 65 compliant
We have worked hard to create a product that provides a safe and secure place for your baby while you shop. We are fully compliant with the US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA). Safety is extremely important to us at Binxy Baby, and we want you to feel confident about using your Shopping Cart Hammock.